Monday, November 26, 2012

On to the Next Holiday!

     Well!  Did everyone have a pleasant holiday?  I certainly did and I am glad it is over!  Please don't get me wrong.  I love everything about Thanksgiving...no presents to buy, I get along wonderfully with my family and we all enjoy a day to celebrate each other (and food.).  It's just so much work and then...it's over and before you can blink, you are out the door to buy, buy, buy.


     I, personally, am a cyber-Monday sort of lady.  You see, I enjoy my 19th century sensibilities, as long as I can have 21st century conveniences.  I went to the large shopping mall on Saturday with my dear husband. Our kids were in a theatrical production until late and we thought it might be a good time to do a bit of purchasing.  I was miserable.  We just went to a few stores and I was pleading to go back home.  It is ever so crowded and gracious manners are so few and far between.  (Try a "Thank You" or "Pardon Me", rather than shoving past, it works marvelously.)

     As usual, it is easier to shop online.  My daughters want makeup, clothes, books.  My pre-teen son wants (can you guess?  I bet you already did!)  Electronics!  My nieces want gift cards and my best lady friends get small luxury items that they would not purchase for themselves.  All can be, happily, shopped for using that wonderful glowing machine in my family room.   Sigh, pass the spiced wine...it's a lovely evening.


Leaves one ever so much more time for planning the next get-together!


Keep celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment