Monday, November 12, 2012

Lessons from a mom

Ladies...I am aware that these tube skirts are quite the thing right now. However, please do not assume that ALL of you can wear them, nor should you assume that they are suitable for all occasions. That being said, allow me to explain. My sister in law, who makes questionable fashion choices at the best of times, recently decided to join us for a school event of my daughters. Always concerned, when this women is involved, I could hardly contain myself when she sashayed (I do mean sashay!) into the auditorium. Now, ladies, understand, she is a 30 old, happily(?) married mother of two. She was wearing a sparkly black short, short tube skirt, slinky red top and strappy sandals! No tights on those pasty, flabby legs. Ugh. Oh and worse, when the students needed a volunteer, she waved and yelled until she was chosen. My poor girl...her face when her aunt came wobbling down the stairs...sigh... Anyway, I was furious and did it ever show! She wouldn't even look at me. I try to always look appropriate for my age and weight. I don't want to look sloppy or slutty. I want to look like a respectable person. To do otherwise would embarrass my children or shame my husband. I suppose I am old-fashioned, but I think the world could use a bit of that...at least our EYES could!

No comments:

Post a Comment